Wednesday, November 11, 2009

The Awakening-analysis of sentence in chapter 6

Check out the maps we made describing the diction, syntax, imagery and attitude of the sentence in The Awakening. Click on the bubbles to read our analysis. If the map will not load, click on the hyperlink title.

"Diction Detective"
click here if it will not load



"Syntax Sleuth"
click here if it will not load




"Imagery Imitator"
click here if it will not load



"Attitude Analyst"
click here if it will not load

4 comments:

Katelyn H said...

I think that you have a good presentation. I agree that Edna is confused and is not sure what exactly to do. Though she realizes that she wants to change the way she is living her life, she is not sure how to do it or what is going to happen once she does.

Tayler Daniels said...

It was a good project. I think it could have been better if the diction was looked beyond the denotaion into the more hidden meanings, and there were a few spelling mistakes. But it was a good project.

Chelsea.W said...

In the diction there are a few spelling mishaps, but overall the analysis was good. My group had the same sentence and it is interesting how we saw the same things, but also had different ideas. I had not even realized that she was confused about the way her husband was treating her, and about how she does not view him as highly as she once did. I guess it was one of those in your face details that I just could not see, so great job picking that out! I would have liked to see a little more in depth in the analysis of the word anguish, but what you have is good.

Chelsea.W said...

Another detail that I really enjoyed on your project is the imagery. I like that the eclipse was used to represent a new begining in her life. Very good thought there.